Your Invitation to our first Awards Breakfast event of the Year!
"UPCYCLING - The Business of Creative Reuse”
We all know that we need to protect our environment. Creative waste management can achieve that, and far more. Some businesses have found that their waste can be a viable raw material to other businesses.
Join us for this Interactive Forum where you will hear some ideas that may:
- lower your waste disposal costs,
- lower the cost of raw materials,
- improve your business image and brand, and
- inspire and invigorate your staff
Our panel of experts will be made up of:
- Angela Stubbs from the Business Directions team at Kingston Council - has led the ASPIRE project, in conjunction with 3 other partner councils and the CSIRO, to develop an online waste register for businesses to exchange material resources and divert waste from going to landfill
- Riccardo Mucci, from Casafico has led his father’s family construction business into new and innovative areas with sustainable designs and products using recycled materials.
- James Russell of Polyelast has demonstrated his passion for sustainable business practice in the workplace and encouraged a culture that carries over into his employees home life as well. James is astutely aware of the company bottom line , and the environmental footprint it will leave for the next generation and actively strives to ‘make a difference’.
- Fam Charko is a marine biologist with specialisations in ecology, nature conservation and marine plastic pollution research. She leads several marine research projects for Tangaroa Blue and the Port Phillip EcoCentre. She is a passionate science communicator, a radio host and a Fellow of the Centre for Sustainability Leadership in Melbourne.
Have you joined as an Annual Supporter yet??
Save on your breakfast cost .... ANNUAL SUPPORTER