We are very saddened to hear of the passing of our dear friend and colleague Bob Gawne, MBA Business Legend, past Chair, and long-standing committee member of the Melbourne Business Awards.
Bob was a wonderful contributor to the MBA ,the broader business community and a true mentor to so many. Thanks Bob for all you did!
We send our sincere condolences to his family.
The Melbourne Business Awards (MBA) recognised and rewarded excellence in the Manufacturing sector of Melbourne's South East for more than 25 years. Over this time they recognised more than 220 local businesses and
presented more than 60 business awards. In addition to these awards, the MBA also delivered on a number of other initiatives:
• Recognition of companies that displayed a continuing commitment to youth employment and youth apprenticeships
• Recognition of young employees
• The attendance of secondary and tertiary students as well as groups of young people with a special interest in the expertise of the keynote speaker
• Information workshops on specialist topics
• A forum for business owners to talk to other business owners
In 2017 a booklet was prepared detailing the activities over these 25 years - you can read all about the MBA, it's award winners, guest speakers, sponsors and much more here:
Following Les Twentyman’s presentation in May, 2015 we issued a “Call to Action” to the MBA Community at large....